Nikolas Lessmann was a tenure track researcher in the Diagnostic Image Analysis Group until June 2022. He led the research group on musculoskeletal image analysis with machine learning and artificial intelligence at DIAG. He studied Biomedical Engineering at the University of Lübeck, Germany and obtained his PhD at the University Medical Center Utrecht.
- Body composition assessment in 3D CT and MR images
- MRI-based decision support tool for patients with chronic lower back pain
- Segmenting CT images for body composition assessment
- Scoliosis simulation for improving a segmentation and labelling algorithm
- Detecting and characterizing vertebral fractures in CT scans
- Member of: