In the past years the availability of artificial intelligence (AI) based software for radiology has quickly increased. Already over 200 products are available for clinical use in Europe (CE marked). Two years ago we researched the first 100 products on the market and looked at the scientific evidence of these products. Only a third of the products appeared to have peer-reviewed publications! A lot has changed since and we would like to understand exactly what has changed.
The project will be related to our platform www.AIforRadiology.com that is the most comprehensive overview of AI software in radiology for Europe. The research will be a follow-up on the paper published in European Radiology in 2021, which recently received an award for second most downloaded paper of European Radiology in 2021.
For this project, you will be gathering and assessing the current scientific evidence of the commercial AI products for radiology. In a short period of time you will become up to speed with the latest state of the field, and get a better understanding of what the (potential) clinical value of AI software is in radiology. The outcomes will result in a manuscript of which you will become an author. The results will also be used to update the product profiles on www.AIforRadiology.com.
- You are in the final stage of master level studies and looking to do an internship.
- You have an affinity with artificial intelligence in healthcare.
- You have a background in e.g. medicine, health sciences, healthcare policy/innovation/management/business.
- You are disciplined, precise, and look forward to evaluating many publications on AI in radiology.
Conditions of employment
- Project duration: 3 months, full-time
- Location: Radboud university medical center and/or remote working.
- Starting date: September 2022
- NB: for these short internships there is unfortunately no reimbursement available.
How to apply
If you wish to apply, please send a CV, motivation letter and project availability (start-end time) to email@example.com.
Deadline for application is 18th of August. Interviews will be held at the end of August.