Diagnostic pathology involves microscopic evaluation of human tissues. Increasingly, microscopic images are digitized to support the diagnostic workflow. This rapidly growing field of ‘digital pathology’ also yields ample opportunities for application of machine learning algorithms. State-of-the-art deep learning methods have recently been proven capable of supporting the diagnostic work of pathologists. We have now reached the point where such algorithms have performance comparable to experienced pathologists for specific tasks.
This position may, depending on performance and an extensive evaluation procedure, lead to a tenure track position within Radboudumc.
- You should be a creative and enthusiastic researcher with a PhD degree in a relevant field, such as medical image analysis, computer vision, or machine learning.
- You should have a clear interest to develop image analysis algorithms within the clinical setting of a University Medical Center (i.e., have affinity with medical topics).
- Good communication skills, enjoying working in a multidisciplinary team and supervising PhD students.
- Expertise in software development, preferably in Python.
We are looking for two postdoc's for projects focusing on transplant kidney biopsy analysis and prostate cancer grading.
Working at Radboud university medical center means that you are ahead of the curve and working together on the healthcare of the future. And there is more. Our secondary terms of employment are impressive. These are fully tailored to you thanks to our Employment Conditions Selection Model. At Radboud university medical center, you will be given trust, and you will take the responsibility to handle everything together. We offer:
- Two initial contracts for two or three years, working an average of 36 hours a week.
- A gross monthly salary between € 3.047 and € 4.800 (scale 10) based on full-time employment.
- An annual vacation allowance of 8% and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- If you work irregular hours, you will receive an allowance.
- As a full-time employee (36 hours per week), you are entitled to approximately 168 vacation hours (over 23 days) per year.
- Radboud university medical center pays 70% of the pension premium. You pay the rest of the premium with your gross salary.
- You get a discount on health insurance as well: you can take advantage of two group health insurance plans. UMC Zorgverzekering and CZ collectief.
- We provide annual courses, both professional and personal.
The Computational Pathology Group is a research group of the department of Pathology of the Radboud University Medical Center. We are part of the interdepartmental Diagnostic Image Analysis Group (DIAG). We develop, validate and deploy novel medical image analysis methods, usually based on machine learning technology and focusing on computer-aided diagnosis. Application areas include diagnostics and prognostics of breast, prostate and colon cancer. Our group is among the international front runners in the field, witnessed for instance by the highly successful CAMELYON and PANDA grand challenges which we organized. We closely collaborate with clinicians and industry.
Radboudumc strives to be a leading developer of sustainable, innovative and affordable healthcare to improve the health and wellbeing of people and society in the Netherlands and beyond. This is the core of our mission: To have a significant impact on healthcare. To get a better picture of what this entails, check out our strategy and what working at Radboud university medical center means. Our colleagues would be happy to tell you about it.
When you begin employment, we will request a certificate of conduct (VOG) and, depending on the position, you may be screened. You do not need to do anything for this; we will inform you later.
Radboud university medical center is an employer that welcomes everyone. Every colleague brings valuable experience, expertise, and creativity. We believe in the benefits of a diverse and inclusive organization.
How to apply
Will you make a difference for our patients? Please mention in your application which duration of the contract you prefer. We would like to receive your application before 14 November 2022. We will then contact you shortly. The first interview round takes place in week 47. We would appreciate it if you would take this into account. Use the Apply button on this page to apply for this position.